Rep. Roscoe Bartlett Invites You to Attend the 3rd Annual Go Green Conference Mon. June 13th in Frederick
Washington, DC – June 13, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — WHAT:
The Go Green Energy Conference is a free community service event designed for homeowners, farmers and small business owners to discover practical ways that you can save money, use less energy and go green on any size budget. This year will be bigger and better than the first two Go Green Energy Conferences in 2009 and 2010 that were attended by more than 1,000 people. Come see indoor and outdoor exhibitors and learn tips from experts in breakout sessions. Go Green 2011 has MORE exhibit space and is still FREE to Exhibit and FREE to Attend with FREE PARKING!
Monday, June 13, 2011
11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The e-ventplex at the Frederick Fairgrounds
797 East Patrick Street
Homeowner 1 – Save Green by Going Green: Learn easy tips you can do yourself and government incentives to cut energy costs and go green with a budget under $1,000.
Homeowner 2 – Investing in Green to Save Green: Benefits and how to maximize government incentives to cut energy costs and go green with a budget of more than $1,000.
Businesses – Greening Your Bottom Line: Learn how to attract more customers and cut operating expenses with small investments and government incentives that reduce energy use and your environmental footprint.
Farmers – Buy Local & Buy Fresh to Go Green: Learn from local farmers about the freshest, seasonally available food. Learn from local landscapers how to use plants and landscape design to make your home more energy and water efficient.
ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO RESERVE A SPACE TO EXHIBIT AND TO ATTEND.
The form to reserve space for a booth is here http://bartlett.house.gov/Forms/Form/?ID=1118
The form to reserve a space is here
For additional information and questions about participating as an exhibitor, please contact Debbie Burrell at 1-888-297-8006 or 301-694-3030 or deborah.burrell (at) mail.house (dot) gov
● Hosted by Congressman Roscoe Bartlett
in conjunction with
● The e-ventplex at the Frederick Fairgrounds
● Frederick County Office of Economic Development
● Frederick City Department of Economic Development
● Sustainable Frederick County
● Washington County Economic Development Commission
● Carroll County Department of Economic Development
Breakout Session Program Speakers
Session Time Speakers
Keynote (All) 12:00-12:45 pm
• Congressman Roscoe Bartlett, U.S. House of Representatives
• Colonel Judith Robinson, Garrison Commander, Ft. Detrick
• Scott Sklar, President, The Stella Group, LLC
• Kelly Speakes-Backman, Director of Clean Energy, Maryland Energy Administration
• Jack Fitzgerald, Owner/Dealer, Fitzgerald Auto Malls
Business 1:00-1:45 pm
• Mark Lancaster, Owner, Lancaster Craftsmen Builder, Inc.
• Will Dixon, Product Manager, BGE
• Michael Payne, President, Affiliated Power Purchasers
• Josh Mitten, Director of Sales and Marketing and Business Development, Advanced Solar Industries
Farmers 2:00-2:45 pm
• Robert Black, Owner, Catoctin Mountain Orchard
• Mehrl Mayne, Owner, Mayne’s Tree Farm
• Sue Snider, Professor, USDA Extension Service, University of Delaware
Homeowners I 3:00-3:45 pm
• Mark Lancaster, Owner, Lancaster Craftsmen Builder, Inc
• Patrick Aaron, Building Performance Analyst & Comfort Consultant, Total Comfort Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.
• Joe Pecar, Owner, Banner Home Solutions
• Lorne Davidson, Owner, Perennial Landscapers
Homeowners II 4:00-4:45 pm
• Lisa Orr, Program Coordinator, Frederick County Office of Sustainability
• Mark Watkins, Owner, Hot Shotz Thermal Imaging Services, LLC
• David Omatick, Jr., Senior Business Analyst, Potomac Edison
• Ruth Axelrod, Frederick County Master Gardeners
Exhibitor County Breakdown
County State # of Exhibitors
Frederick County MD 39
Washington County MD 15
Carroll County MD 5
Montgomery County MD 11
Baltimore City MD 5
Anne Arundel County MD 4
Allegany County MD 3
Baltimore County MD 2
Howard County MD 1
Fairfax VA 2
Frederick VA 1
Berkeley WV 1
Morgan WV 1
Chester PA 1
Livingston NY 1
San Juan NM 1
96 Exhibitors as of June 9, 2011
Total Comfort Heating & A/C, Inc.
Claud E. Kitchens Outdoor School at Fairview
Milestone Solar Consultants
Frederick County Master Gardeners
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
No Frills Fancy
USAG Fort Detrick
Central Water and Air Solutions
WM H Metcalfe&Sons
Solar LED Innovations
Owens Corning (Remodel USA, Inc.)
Glory Energy Solutions LLC
Univ. MD Extension
1800 Water Damage
Earth and Air Technologies, LLC
Hagerstown Community College
Easterday Well & Pump, Geothermal
Maryland Ready Mix Concrete Association
Frederick County Office of Economic Development
Potomac Wind Energy
Helpful Technologies, inc.
Chesapeake Energy Solutions
Canadice Construction Corp
Diesel Technology Forum
Advanced Solar Industries
Brunswick Woodworking Co., Inc
eh3 multipure h2o
Renewal by Andersen
Frederick County Office of Recycling
Appalachian Center for Ethnobotanical Studies
Advanced Biofuels USA
C & O Conservation, Inc.
USDA, Rural Development
US Small Business Administration
Hagerstown-Washington County Economic Development Commission
MD Dept of Housing & Community Development
Real Green Building System
Mountain View Solar & Wind
Building Energy Diagnostics & Retrofits
Solar Equipment for active individuals
Department of Natural Resources/Marylanders Plant Trees
Instant Access Network, LLC
Monument Foam Insulators
Mother Seton School
Turf and Dirt
Frederick County Office of Sustainability and Environmental Resources
Banner Home Solutions
Maryland Clean Energy Center
Frederick Air Inc
Budget Blinds of Frederick
Catoctin Lighting Services Incorporated
CORVUS Business Solutions, LLC
Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley
The Frederick Motor Company
Frostburg State University Renewable Energy Center
DARCARS Automotive Group
High Performance Home, LLC
Home Energy Team of WMD
Tailored Energy Solutions, LLC
SBDC Carroll County
Standard Energy Solutions
The Great Estate Re-Cycle by Mission: Transition
Frederick Urban Growers CSA
An article in The Examiner about the Go Green conference is here and excerpted below:
Find out what you can look forward to based upon reports of Congressman Roscoe Bartlett’s April 18, 2011 Go Green Energy Conference at Hagerstown Community College by NBC 25 WHAG-TV Your4State.com and The Herald Mail excerpted below.
An article in The Times News noted Congressman Bartlett’s pride at presenting a Gold LEED certificate to a building in Allegany County. http://times-news.com/local/x467554124/HRDC-takes-gold-for-efforts-in-building-green-facility
The economics of green living
…Congressman Roscoe Bartlett (R-Md) holds a conference on going green… High standards of living is what makes Fredrick County so attractive to new business, and promoting its high concentration of green companies makes excellent economic sense
Congressman Bartlett Sponsors Go Green Energy Conference
NBC 25 WHAG-TV Your 4State.com
Print Article and Video
Reported by: Jamie Burke
Tuesday, April 19 2011
There are many options for conserving energy and to help give people a better understanding of what is available, Congressman Roscoe Bartlett along with Hagerstown Community College held a Go Green Energy Conference on Tuesday.
This one-stop Go Green Energy Conference shows people practical ways to make their business or home more energy independent while saving money.
“We had three break out sessions where we had presenters,” explains Congressman Roscoe Bartlett, (R) – MD District 6, “We covered everything from how to spend less money in your home, how to spend less money in your business, and opportunities in education.”
There was more than 50 exhibitors available during the expo to showcase the ways they can help you go green.
… Congressman Bartlett says he will continue to help people understand what being green is all about.
“We’re going to continue this all across the district, all around the year to help educate people about energy, the opportunities, and the challenges that this presents to us,” explains Bartlett.
The next Go Green Energy Conference will be held at the Frederick Fairgrounds on Monday June 13th from 11 to 2 p.m.
The event is free to exhibit and attend.
HERALD MAIL Online: April 20, 2011
‘Go Green Expo’ plants environmental seed at HCC
A “Go Green Expo” sponsored by U.S. Rep. Roscoe Bartlett drew about 200 people Tuesday to Hagerstown Community College.
The expo, held for the first time in Hagerstown, included more than 50 businesses, government agencies and nonprofit groups peddling information on green topics such as recycling and alternative energy.
Bartlett, R-Md., said a similar expo the past two years in Frederick, Md., has attracted about 1,000 people. This year, it will be June 13 at the Frederick Fairgrounds.
With gas prices hitting $4 a gallon and other energy costs rising, alternative energy is again getting more attention, Bartlett said.
Tuesday’s expo had panel discussions on how homeowners and businesses can save money, and the employment forecast for jobs that are green, meaning they relate to protecting or restoring the environment.
May 19, 2011
HRDC takes ‘gold’ for efforts in building green facility
Bartlett presents LEED award
- CUMBERLAND — The Allegany County Human Resources Development Commission’s Cumberland Community Center on Virginia Avenue was recognized with a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design gold certification Thursday.
“I’m very pleased to have this opportunity to come out to Western Maryland,” said Rep. Roscoe Bartlett, who presented HRDC with a certificate of recognition. “Thank you for leading the charge in Western Maryland.”
… Some of the funding for the HRDC building came from Appalachian Regional Commission grants.
levitra pas cher, comparatif pharmacie en ligne
No related posts.
- AG Gansler Announces Settlement With Property Manager
- AG Gansler Secures $75 Million for Maryland Government Entities and Pension Systems from Housing Securities Settlement with Bank of America
- AG Gansler Files Lawsuits in Joint Federal-State Mortgage Rescue Fraud Sweep
- Maryland Mortgage Program Announces Rate Reduction for Veterans and Military Families
- Cardin, Mikulski Announce Over $1.3 Million in Federal Funding to Help Homeless Veterans Across Maryland
- Cardin Visits Southern Maryland for Solutions to Maryland’s Foreclosure Crisis Maryland currently has the second-highest foreclosure rate in the nation
- Montgomery County Housing Fair and Financial Fitness Day Features Assistance for Homeowners and Renters; Space Still Available for Sponsors and Exhibitors
- Montgomery County’s Commission on Common Ownership Communities to Hold Annual Forum
- County Executive Nominees For Board Of Registration For Building Contractors Confirmed By Council
- MHP Holds Circle of Builders Breakfast Forum June 11
- Ruppersberger to Host "Opportunities for Home Ownership" Forum
- State and County Housing Offices to Host Fair Housing Forum
- Office of Human Rights Hosts Fair Housing Forum
- Office of Human Rights Hosts Fair Housing Forum
- MARYLAND TO RECEIVE $4.5 MILLION IN MACARTHUR FUNDS TO PRESERVE AFFORDABLE RENTAL HOUSING
- ENTERPRISE TESTIFIES ON FORECLOSURE CRISIS BEFORE SENATE COMMITTEE ON BANKING, HOUSING, AND URBAN AFFAIRS